- Value-added material may not be copied from Category 3 databases, except
- on the scale, in aggregate, of a few individual entries or one family tree, and
- with the express permission of the original creator
- Material, whether value-added or otherwise, may not be reproduced from a Category 2 or Category 3 databases in a format that would allow third parties to copy or reconstruct the whole or a significant part of the original.
- Data properly attributed to the original source may not be directly edited or amended without the creator’s permission: any doubts about the data should be recorded in an appended note.
- Value-added data may not be commercially exploited by others in a way that undermines the original creator’s intentions (be they to charge, or to make the data available gratis)